Youtube is a home for both the inspired and the strange, a place where viral videos plant their seeds; and of course, the global archive of first steps, big fails, and cat videos. But that’s not all. Youtube is also a highly effective place to market your business, and it’s easy! You just need the tools.
As a digital marketing agency in Knoxville focused in video production, we work with both small and large clients on creative content and we’ve learned that businesses sometimes devalue how Youtube could help them. So, we’re here to tell you that it can help you and definitely should be part of your 2018 marketing plan.
First, how big is Youtube, really? (2018 Youtube specs)
- Over 1 Billion users (one-third of internet population)
- More than half of total Youtube views come from mobile
- More 18-49 year olds reached on mobile alone than any cable TV network
- One billion hours watched daily
Youtube is a massive database that entertains a diverse and vast audience. If done well, your business will see a huge increase in Google search rankings, social engagement with customers, leads, and brand exposure overall through Youtube. But how?
Local Youtube Marketing Examples:
Time spent: 40 seconds; Views: 700,000
So, you’re telling me that if I’m looking for golf clubs, this is the wrong place?
- Mike is a character. His brand is who he is, which is one of the most important tools of Youtube. We can show our brand, our company culture, or be informational. In this case, Mike did all three.
- The viral nature of Youtube has sprouted out of the social media integration abilities of it, making it easy to target a specific audience, especially if you are already using other social platforms (ie. boosted posts on Facebook).
- Youtube is owned by Google so your Google Search ranking is affected by the title and keywords in the description of the video, as well. Mike’s Golf, for example, is the first organic results on Google in his area.
Let’s take a look at another example, even closer to home for us.
Time Spent: estimated. 1 – 2 hours; Views: 1,000+ (Some videos have over 100K views)
Crawlspace Ninja does some really great stuff on Youtube as well. As you can tell, it’s more information based than Mike’s. Goals are the same, but the path is different.
- Both wanted to grow sales by way of brand awareness. They stuck to their own brands and used social media.
- In this case, Crawl Space Ninja brands themselves on Youtube as a “self-help” channel with videos that will build them a returning customer base that trusts them.
- They can continue building loyalty while finding more customers along the way by using Youtube pre-roll and SEO tactics.
These two guys are just a couple examples of how you can grow your business through Youtube. Block out a day and create some engaging content. Youtube is a huge marketing gold mine and you need to be getting your share!
Give us a call if you need help and check out our most recent work!READ MORE