Looking for an internship in a stuffy, 9-to-5 setting, pushing pencils and picking up the cake for Janet’s baby shower?
This isn’t the internship for you.
Big Slate Media is a Knoxville-based content creation agency specializing in video production and drone videography (that’s right, we fly drones for a living). In addition to video, we provide full-service social media and website content management, digital marketing strategy and ad placement. We’re a small – but mighty – team working with major brands like Yamaha Motors USA, Nitro Circus, Bassmaster, Pilot Flying J, DENSO Manufacturing, KUB, the Knoxville Chamber, Blount Partnership and many others.
And we’re looking for a real self-starter to join our team for the fall!
We don’t wanna BS you, we’ve got some dirty work that needs to get done – organizing gear, archiving footage, washing Lucas’s car (not really), but you’ll have the chance to gain real, working knowledge of the production industry on countless shoots and by helping our team with post-production editing and content placement.
This is a 12-week internship program for aspiring professionals interested in the video production side of content creation. You’ll work 10 – 15hrs per week in our newly built studio, performing the following tasks:
- Serving as a Production Assistant (PA) on shoots
- Assisting in project set-up and editing in FCPX
- Administration/Organizational tasks
- Assisting in social media management
The work schedule is flexible based on your availability and our needs.
What’s in it for you:
- Paid internship $
- Opportunity for class credit, if applicable
- Gain valuable hands-on experience
- Occasional travel for client shoots or events (Like, all the way to Huntsville, TN!)
- Opportunity to earn commission on sales generated $
- Opportunity to connect with clients and learn essential business operations
- Free beer (if of age) during company meetings… yes, we have an office kegerator (all your friends will be super jealous)
- Relaxed, casual work environment
- Office dogs, the goodest boy and girl around
Who’s the right fit?
- Someone who is generally optimistic and positive;
- Someone passionate about the industry;
- Works well independently and collaboratively;
- A critical thinker that will do what they think is best, not just what they are told;
- Self-taught learner willing to read and keep up-to-date on technological changes and how they could be used by Big Slate Media;
- Someone willing to be in goofy videos;
- Someone with a creative mind willing to think outside the box
- Working knowledge of Final Cut Pro X and Mac OS
- Working knowledge of social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Proficient in G-Suite (Drive, Docs, Sheets)