Facebook is one of the most powerful social media platforms out there – with roughly a billion people using it, it’s one heck of a great way to get your voice out there. The problem is that you might not want to advertise to everyone, right? Wouldn’t it be nice if you could somehow filter that audience down to a more specific group? With Facebook’s ad targeting, you can very clearly define your audience and target only them with your advertisements.
According to Facebook Business…
One of the biggest advantages to advertising on Facebook is your ability to target specific groups of highly engaged people.
Try using more targeting options to:
- Find the right customers across devices, including desktop, mobile and tablets
- Deliver relevant messages to specific people
- Get the most value from your ad spend by reaching only the people that matter to you
So, What Are My Targeting Options?
- Location – Location targeting allows you to get to your audience based on where they are. You can target cities, countries, zip codes, etc. You can add a radius to your target (ex. 25+ miles from the center of Knoxville) and choose to exclude certain locations.
- Demographics – This option allows you to target people based on the information they’ve provided in their profile, such as age, gender, education, occupation, etc.
- Interests – This targeting option will define an audience based on their interests, hobbies, and things they have liked on Facebook and the content they’ve posted to their Timeline.
- Facebook has recently announced that you’ll soon be able to target an audience based on the websites they visit and the apps they use.
- Behaviors – Behavior targeting draws information from what people do while they’re on Facebook (purchases, travel preferences) and offline (via third-party apps that are trusted by Facebook).
- Advanced Targeting – This option lets you target ads to audiences using information that you already have (ex. a list of contacts, people who like your Facebook Page, etc.)
For a more thoroughly detailed description of the various targeting, please go to the Facebook Business page.
So we’re only talking about digital spend via Facebook. What about advertising through something like television? Bad idea. While you’ll still get some pretty good coverage, you can’t be specific with your targeting. It’s a blanket approach. Besides, digital spending will surpass television spending this year.
For the full story, check out Emarketer.com’s article.
Is your business lacking a strong social media experience? Managing a social media campaign is our bread and butter, and we would love to bring your business to its full potential. We know how to bring the magic of a successful social media campaign to our clients, and you could be next! Give us a call at (865) 291-0005 and let’s get something started!