Big Slate Media is a Knoxville-based content creation agency specializing in video production. Founded in 2015, we help our partners create content that doesn’t suck by developing authentic, versatile and forward-thinking visual stories.
Artistry, ingenuity, authenticity – we challenge our clients to consider the meaning of these words as they apply to content strategy. We believe these three values lead to engaging and effective campaigns that connect audiences with brands and ultimately foster relationships poised to transcend transactions.
Frankly, we have a deliverables obsession. We know our clients need visual content like the Vols need a win. That’s why we fluff our shot lists, plan beyond the initial deliverable and have developed software that connects our clients with their footage like never before.
We’re a small – but mighty – team working with major brands like ESPN, HGTV, RedBull Media House, 21st Mortgage, Bell Flight, DENSO Manufacturing, Company Distilling, KUB, the Knoxville Chamber, Blount Partnership and many others. Sure, we work with some big brands, but the majority of our work is for small community-based businesses and non-profit organizations just trying to move the needle or tell their story.
In addition to being a top-notch production house, we have a small in-house team that places content across various social and digital channels. Fortunately, we’re seeing tremendous growth in this area of our company and it’s time to add to our team. We’re looking for a highly motivated and detail-oriented person to join our team in a full-time position as Social Media + Digital Coordinator.
The gist is this…
First and foremost, we need someone who is fun, creative and gels well with our team and clients. We’re a goofy group, so weirdness is welcomed. Secondly, this person needs to eat, sleep and breathe details. It’s necessary they have experience managing multiple clients at the same time, are organized, and communicate incredibly well both in person and digitally. This person will have a minimum of 1-2 years of experience with direct experience working for an agency or in a position managing multiple accounts. In addition, this person should know how to handle multiple clients representing a variety of industries and understand the creative approach required to hit KPIs for each client. Finally, since we do a ton of production, this person will likely get pulled on set to assist with various projects.
So what’s the gig?
This is a full-time position working in our offices in Knoxville, Tennessee. Here is the list of responsibilities we need help with;
- Develop, implement and manage social media strategy across multiple clients and our in-house accounts;
- Define most important social media KPIs for each client and campaign and execute with those in mind;
- Work with the team to create and refine content for campaigns;
- Collaborate with production teams to produce content;
- Design, write and create social media posts;
- Manage customer engagement and interact on a brand’s behalf through comments and messaging;
- Communicate with industry professionals and influencers via social media to create a strong network;
- Provide constructive feedback for campaigns and project deliverables;
- Continuously discover and implement new technologies and the industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency;
- Manage content updates, design, creation and execution of email newsletters for clients and internally;
- Continually contribute to company growth ideas, client retainment strategies and process improvements;
- In addition, we may occasionally pull you into production to help with whatever roles you’ve been trained to assist in – usually that means Production Assistant or something similar.
In order to fulfill the responsibilities above at the level we need, you’ll need to have the following:
- 1-2 years of experience in social media management with direct experience managing multiple accounts;
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok and other social media best practices;
- Understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics;
- Experience with conducting target audience and buyer persona research;
- Excellent understanding of industry benchmarks and KPIs;
- Familiarity with web design and publishing (WordPress CMS);
- Advanced understanding of other industry tools like Canva, Adobe Creative Cloud, Mac OS and Google Drive;
- Professional yet approachable demeanor with excellent written and verbal client-facing skills;
- Posses strong interpersonal skills like positivity, empathy, communication, problem-solving, responsibility and dependability;
- A HUGE plus is if you have any understanding of videography, photography or video editing
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Employee profit sharing
- Shared cost on health, vision and dental insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays & quarterly mental health day
- Paid continuing education and conferences
- Opportunity to pitch passion projects for the team to complete together
- Occasional travel for client shoots or events
- Opportunity to earn commission on leads you bring
- Availability of gear and studio space for personal use
- Free beer… yes, we have a kegerator in the office because we’re basically Google
- Relaxed, casual work environment
- Stamper, the office dog and the goodest boy around (or the “Best Boy” in the production world)
To apply, please send your resume, writing sample and portfolio (if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Social Media + Digital Coordinator Applicant”. Feel free to say hey and tell us a little about yourself and why you’re interested in the job (kinda an informal cover letter). Oh, and be sure to include your favorite “dad joke.” We love dad jokes.